In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Finally the canopy rigging hardware was adjusted so that the canopy was correctly placed.
- Retail products range from work wear and lawn and garden supplies to hardware and pet foods.
- Chris and her brother Jim run it alongside the grocery business, hardware store and fishing tackle shop.
- When you replace the toilet seat, go with with either plastic or brass hardware.
- The list of items bought included lawn equipment, bathroom fixtures, hardware and even a refrigerator.
- They aren't expensive and are sold by DIY shops, hardware stores and locksmiths.
- My guess is that you have a low flow toilet with tank hardware that is faulty or out of adjustment.
- All awning hardware must be mounted on either window frame or exterior wall to keep the awning level.
- The hardware shops will probably be pushed out by souvenir stalls, and the tourists will flood in.
- As a general merchandiser it offers shoes, clothes, domestic hardware and household goods.
- An imaginative new owner might turn it into a goldmine by moving into garden equipment, or hardware, for example.
- The hardware stores sold spades, forks, rakes and all sorts of farming implements.
- Max Attrill is calling it quits after 49 years in hardware and trade supplies.
- Note the volume of metal hardware on bags and opt for some with hardware styling.
- Remove any easily removed hardware attached to the trim or mask hardware with tape.
- Install doors and hardware in accordance with manufacturer's printed instructions.
- The Fairy Silk Canopy requires no special hardware, just a hook or limb to which a ribbon can be tied.
- Apart from selling groceries, Lidl stores also sell hardware and clothes.
- The metal hardware and decorations attached to furniture often survive in the ground.
- If you want to prove your attention to detail, you can also work on things like hardware and fixtures.
2(equipment, machinery)equipo masculinemaquinaria femininemilitary hardware — armamento masculine
- Global politics shift, military hardware and strategies are tried and tested and new forms of protest emerge.
- If you believe that, I have a shiny hunk of useless Cold War hardware to sell you.
- Much of this debate so far has been preoccupied with the hardware of the military.
- They do have a problem with the procurement of future hardware, but that is no excuse for weakening our current defence capability.
- India has built up remarkable capability in training, military technology and in hardware.
- He showered it with billions of dollars of military hardware.
- There's been some heavy hardware going in and outta that place.
- Incomplete equipment may render some of the new hardware incapable of being more than military targets.
- It's very good for the morale of the troops, with it usually comes some hardware, and that's important.
- France and Germany combined to block moves to send Patriot missiles and other Nato hardware to defend Turkey in the event of war.
- Yet for all the talk of military hardware and holy war, little time is devoted to what happens if it goes wrong.
- The hardware and timing routines were the same as those used in Experiment 1.
- Using outsourcing, a business will pay for the IT service and not the IT hardware.
- Such countries are weak in actual combat, even when their hardware looks impressive.
- So Iran had to undertake a secrete program to acquire the advanced hardware and technical knowledge.
- Its high-tech hardware can ensure a response to a proposed strike by enemy bombers in less than 10 minutes.
- Now when push comes to shove, you own that piece of hardware next to you and the pole position of the running of the Indianapolis 500.
- The hospital aims to acquire new hardware through a combination of purchases, leases and hire purchases.
- Yet, the US has displayed an awesome presence with more hardware on its way.
- The reliability of military equipment and hardware is also on a steady decline.
3Computinghardware masculinesoporte físico masculineequipo masculine
- Look at the overall condition and make sure all hardware is in place and secured.
- Some of them are to do with hardware and hardware can certainly make pretty much anything function badly.
- They can persuade us to spend thousands on high-tech hardware that becomes obsolete the moment we sign the credit card chit.
- This capability will only improve as costs decrease and hardware and software improve.
- Extensive software testing included stand alone tests and hardware in the loop tests.
- It runs on a variety of computer hardware including Intel clones and Apple Macintosh computers.
- You'll know that your network hardware is set up properly when every PC in your home has internet access.
- A code is produced based upon the Product key and various details pertaining to your PC hardware.
- It has put in - for free - Wi-Fi hardware equipment in a slew of hotels around Ireland.
- The hardware has been redesigned to prevent damage caused by short circuits or power surges.
- This avoids the complications that often result from putting old hardware into new equipment.
- Otellini yesterday gave further details of Intel's embedded hardware security technology.
- Server hardware is usually built to facilitate easy upgrading of hardware and replacing of broken parts.
- If you buy a new computer, monitor or mobile phone this Christmas, recycle your hardware.
- When you pulled out the old hardware, you essentially interrupted a magical circuit.
- When hardware becomes obsolete only researchers may have an interest in preserving it.
- Linux is one popular variety, mainly because it is free and runs on intel hardware.
- Thus the financial and technological investment required is measured as much in software as in any hardware terms.
- The development and testing of the Alarm hardware was a lengthy and challenging process.
- He thinks the current generation of hardware has moved beyond it, except for technical limitations.
- After his surgeon replaced the infected hardware, Downing was finally good to go.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.