- Among the striking objects on display are the wooden doors designed by the famous architect Sinan for the harem of the sultan Murad III in 1578, and measuring over 2.5 metres in height.
- He travelled 1,500 miles across the desert to the Fifth Cataract, with his collapsible wooden camera, barrels of distilled water and a darkroom tent - which villagers thought housed a harem.
- In the harem, the younger wives beg the older for stories of him and the tales begin to unravel, his kindness, his teasing, his passion, his laughter
- Here one can appreciate such aspects of Muslim architecture as the use of water within the complex, typically in front of the splendid Tower of Comares, which along with the harem forms the heart of the Nazrid Palace.
- A theatre was constructed in the inner court of the harem, leaning against the windows of the apartments of the ladies, so that they can see the scene.