1literary(listen)escucharhark! I hear a nightingale singing — ¡escucha! oigo cantar un ruiseñor
- But hark… isn't that Carnatic music floating in the air?
- So, hark, I venture forth into the narrow confines of this Northern Italian city, searching for the romance which so filled young Romeo's heart.
- Nawasi, I speak to you of the future of your people, hark, child, listen.
- But hark, I hear another mirthful chortle from the professor and I'm off into the undergrowth again in search of another tantalising discovery…
- Oh wait a minute hark is that another threat from yonder that dost break?
2British ironic(listen)hark who's talking! — ¡mira quién habla!
- hark at him! — ¡habráse visto!