In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She giggled lightly, her voice so harmonious and free that at that moment I had no worries and no doubts.
- Within the meditative tradition, cheerfulness is considered to be the natural, harmonious and wholesome expression of our truest self.
- Boasting a solid, multi-talented cast, Inanna is clever and grand in its scope, with music that careens between harmonious and neatly dissonant.
- Like Adam Smith, I believe that intelligent action results from a harmonious blend of emotion and reason.
- What we end up with is a surprisingly harmonious blend of, well, video game tunes and traditional style Celtic rhythms.
- The result then is a harmonious blend of their voices to form an impressive, composite whole.
- The result is a harmonious blend of historic and new styles that is both unexpected and interesting.
- Fathers and daughters, mothers and sons joined thousands of baby boomers for an enchanting evening of harmonious music.
- You only get another go as ‘you’ if you manage to reconcile all the differences between these spirits and blend them into a harmonious whole with the ability to create.
- While the design schemes featured are diverse in style, each illustrates a harmonious blend of form and function, and demonstrates how there is no universal recipe for the perfect interior.
- The harmonious music and singing were provided by Mrs McAufield and the school choir, with primary seven pupils taking part in various tasks to bring the service together.
- I noticed that a slow song came on and the harmonious music washed over us.
- It was the sort of tune that was difficult not to take to, and it strolled through my imagination, its harmonious music leaving footprints as it ambled along.
- These construction s of the south as freer and more harmonious would have been particularly attractive to Signac and his Neo-Impressionist colleagues.
- After a day of hard work, you can sit down and enjoy one cup of freshly brewed cappuccino with a choice of tempting cakes and fruit tarts, while listening to the harmonious sounds of a live pianist playing your favourite tunes.
- The lead vocals matched the music perfectly and flexed from a gentle harmonious type vocal to the more Mancunian swagger, familiar within many Manchester artists.
- Sticking to hues immediately next to each other on the color wheel, as Wiley did here, is a foolproof way to ensure a harmonious blend of blooms in a garden planting.
- For many Ubudians and world visitors alike, tourism in Ubud is a harmonious mixture of art, tradition, spiritual and religious endeavors.
- Now everything fell into place and conveyed a beautiful idea in the harmonious blend of warm and cool colours chosen by the artists.
- Tuneful trumpeters joined harmonious horn players at Bury Music Centre when they staged annual concert performances.
- The piece mirrors a harmonious blend of contemporary fashion culled out of traditional art form.
- The difficulty for the estates theory was that it had described four ideal types of persons, and each type had been a harmonious blend of characteristics.
- Osmania University was a harmonious blend of Hindu-Muslim architecture, Prof. Rao pointed out.
- Mozart's music may be the harmonious equivalent to countryside palaces or grand neoclassical academies.
- The gentle humour and satire make a harmonious blend.
- Paradise Lost blurs harmonious sound and music and speech together, and they are all a synecdoche for the divine.
- It is always better to have a harmonious blend of the ancient and the modern.
- With a rich, honey-thick voice, an ear for the catchiest turn of vocal and lyrical phrase, and a harmonious way with a melody, Reid Jamieson turns eight homemade acoustic demos into a thing of beauty.
- Though the music is harmonious (which has led some listeners to underrate Poulenc's ingenuity), at dramatic moments it is fresh and raw.
- The feminine forms give more scope to express the rhythmic and harmonious qualities of Indian art traditions and to create highly stylised forms, he says.
- She always had the best diorama in social studies class, the most realistic drawing in art, and the most harmonious voice in music.
- Among the acts that took to the stage were hilarious novelty acts, rhythmic dance routines, some melodious individual singing, harmonious duets and even a few notable musicians.
- It mixes harmonious, romantic Cuban music and the passion of flamenco singing.
- During the performance, gamelan players are required to display both music and dance skills, exhibiting a perfect blend of expressive dance movements and harmonious music.
- Our being begins reverberating to the music of the infinite as we tune-in to its harmonious rhythm; its unalloyed notes manifest the message that is meant for us.
- And they showed him where they belong to with their music that was a harmonious mix of Bhojpuri, African, Latino and even Bollywoodi!
- The combination of plums and spices, reminiscent of chai tea, made a harmonious blend of sweet, pungent, and spicy flavors.
- It seems natural and right that music which is not merely harmonic, but harmonious, should be highly regarded in civilized societies.
- Located in the central city district, the Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur is a modern tower complex incorporating a harmonious blend of Asian and Western architectural styles.
- It involves a whole way of living in which meditation, life, and activity are meant to blend into one harmonious integrality.
- When they embark upon marrying someone, they should do so with sincerity of purpose and with the intention of creating a harmonious relationship.
- A harmonious relationship with trust and respect flowing in all directions amongst the stakeholders will be to everyone's long term advantage.
- Trying to maintain a harmonious atmosphere among a squad where one out of every two players is sure to be bitterly disappointed at not being selected on a starting team is no easy task - especially when the stakes are so high.
- Meeting these demands requires teamwork and harmonious relationships between nurses and physicians.
- These types of students are cooperative and interested in building a harmonious relationship with their teacher and peers.
- The Government, however, needs to be very careful that the influx is properly controlled to avoid placing the kind of pressures on our already stretched community which could damage our ambitions of a harmonious future.
- How to meet these challenges, secure peace and development in the world and create a stable and harmonious homeland for all is a critical question that calls for serious consideration and effective solution.
- A range of films looking back into history were marked by a specific nostalgia for the irretrievably lost times of harmonious multi-ethnic co-existence.
- Beginning in early childhood, girls are socialized to maintain harmonious relationships by negotiating conflict.
- The author appropriately declares that, contrary to pre-1980s scholarship, Bamana culture is not homogeneous or harmonious.
- Cuomo feels his meditation practice is now helping to create a more harmonious relationship between members.
- Jen is an essential element of Confucianism and represents an ideal state in which an individual maintains harmonious social relationships with his fellow men.
- Again, it was the patron's role to mediate between the artist and the press, ensuring a harmonious relationship on both sides.
- It ought to be a harmonious gathering, celebrating the successes of Labour's two terms - the lowest unemployment for a generation, investment in public services, redistribution.
- I feel that any information we can share will be very useful to the both of us, and I look forward to a harmonious relationship between us.
- So lying between individuals raises questions of personal integrity, character, and the kind of trust which is vital to any harmonious relationship.
- The childhood socialization practices that emphasize harmonious relationships again play a role.
- Keeping young people happy and out of trouble is arguably the key to obtaining a harmonious society and Toby Wilson, from Castelnau Youth Club in Barnes, is one of the unsung heroes whose work contributes to this mammoth task.
- McEwan may persuade readers to believe in his harmonious little clique, but as a social allegory, his image of family life is hard to swallow.
- Festival organizers aimed for a harmonious parade of different masquerades, the order of which was controlled by officials urging groups forward and holding them back.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.