In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carreras de trotones feminine
- Demonstrations and displays were also given by the emergency services, anglers, horse riders and falconers and the day rounded off with harness racing.
- In all, there will be 10 international jumping classes and 36 national jumping competitions for horses and ponies, plus an array of other activities including harness racing at speeds of up to 65 kph.
- Visit Los Alamitos Race Course and enjoy the finest in quarter horse and harness racing.
- To eliminate the inside post-position advantage in harness racing, all races would begin with a staggered start, the outside horse first, the inside horse last.
- The Harness Racing Authority of NSW has sent a directive to show societies indicating that harness racing can only be conducted on registered trotting tracks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.