- My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.
- The Arthurian legends are widespread in the Borders and it is claimed that King Arthur's wise counsellor, Merlin the Magician, roamed these slopes in the guise of a hart, the small deer associated with royalty.
- A small deer sipped from a pond of clear water, the hart surprisingly not running as Rick rose and approached like deer tend to.
- These men, according to Ramon Lull, author of the 13 th-century Libre del Ordre de Cavayleria, should exercise by hunting the hart, the boar and the wolf.
- ‘The moose is actually a hart - a male deer - which represents the hart part of Hertfordshire,’ says Tim Beesley, from Berkhamsted, Herts.