- And a nine-day strike by private garbage haulers last fall meant other Streets and Sanitation workers were diverted to pick up bags that had piled up.
- On Friday night, a private hauler contracted by the city to collect garbage during the strike attempted to unload 18 trucks at a garbage-processing plant.
- Not too many years ago, New York City sanitation workers got pay and benefits so far above those of private refuse haulers that those city jobs were passed down through families like precious heirlooms.
- It does rely on all parties co-operating - mills, log haulers, contractors, government and drivers, which is no small feat.
- In general, this meant 4-5 miles of transport; water haulers received up to three cents per gallon, which was a more profitable business than mining!
2(business)empresa de transportes feminine