In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alta costura feminine
- What's a fashion show without the haute couture?
- Ebony Fashion Fair commentator Jada Jackson Collins took the stage and once again the haute couture adorning the captivating models dazzled the audience.
- Her dress, something between a medieval period costume and the latest haute couture, trailed behind her as the wind lifted it softly above the ground.
- Unlike haute couture, prêt-à-porter clothing isn't one of a kind.
- Once tailor made for the doyennes of chic, high-fashion magazines served up haute couture that only an elite few could actually afford.
- Despite the attempt by the forum to insist on casual dress, it is hard to part many businessmen from their suits, or their wives from their haute couture.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.