In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1heno masculine→ hit
- Most producers had moved cattle to pastures, with hay supplies very short.
- Several producers have cut soybeans for hay or silage.
- Here we plant a mixture of alfalfa and timothy, or alfalfa and orchard grass, as hay for horses or dairy cows.
- Forage varieties can be drilled in May and just one harvest will provide three to six tons of high protein hay or silage.
- You also could mix grain or chopped hay with freshly chopped corn to lower the moisture content.
- The fruit is kept in a room for a day after harvest and thereafter, it is wrapped between layers of straw, grass, hay or paper.
- Some grass is grown on the farm for hay or silage, together with swede, turnip or kale for winter forage.
- He is hoping people will donate fodder and hay for a convoy for those struggling to feed their stock.
- The Wilsons feed the hogs corn, barley, oats and hay grown on their farm.
- Tractors cannot be used on land to convey fodder to feeding sites and farmers have to carry in hay or silage on their backs.
- When a field gets too weedy, Fred will seed it in grasses and turn it into pasture or hay.
- Thousands of acres of corn and hay are planted each year for cattle to eat.
- About three years ago, his cows began grazing mostly on pasture and were fed grain and hay over winter.
- Legume hay (such as alfalfa) typically has a greater calcium content than grass hay.
- Fall is the perfect time of the year to start hay, especially timothy or other grasses.
- By the time we headed back to the palace, we smelled of horse manure and hay, with hay and grass sticking out from our hair and clothes.
- He advised farmers with surplus stock and a fodder shortage to purchase concentrate feed rather than hay.
- He ran out of grass and began feeding cattle hay and other nutrients in August, a month earlier than usual.
- We had somebody put our grass into square hay bales two or three years ago.
- There are organic sources for any and all nutrients you'll need to grow hay and pasture.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.