In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We plucked fresh figs, apples, plums and hazelnuts from trees heavy with crops.
- In a small bowl, combine hazelnuts and brown sugar and set aside.
- The hazelnuts in their shells that appear from autumn through to winter make us appreciate that food in season is always best.
- There didn't seem to be any good reason to use pistachio here; other nuts, such as almonds or hazelnuts, would probably do.
- Nuts especially high in vitamin E include almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, and pecans.
- Unroasted nuts such as almonds, cashews, pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts and walnuts make an ideal snack food.
- I like a mix of flaked almonds, chopped almonds and hazelnuts.
- You could also use hazelnuts, Brazils, cashews and pecans.
- Prepare the hazelnuts by roasting in the oven until brown.
- There were almonds, peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts.
- The loaf is hot and soft, and smells of almonds and hazelnuts and nutmeg.
- When the hazelnuts have completely cooled, break each one apart.
- Sunflower seeds, almonds and hazelnuts are rich sources of vitamin E.
- Thankfully for me I love cashews, hazelnuts, almonds and pistachios.
- Dukkah is an Egyptian spice mix that includes roasted hazelnuts, cumin, coriander and sesame seeds.
- Her skin is a luminous hazelnut brown and has a leathery texture.
- When they're roasted, hazelnuts are the best nuts by far!
- All along the top of the cake were five hazelnuts.
- Sprinkle on toasted and chopped hazelnuts or walnuts.
- We gathered acorns and hazelnuts and beechnuts in the woods.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.