In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There didn't seem to be any good reason to use pistachio here; other nuts, such as almonds or hazelnuts, would probably do.
- I like a mix of flaked almonds, chopped almonds and hazelnuts.
- There were almonds, peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts.
- You could also use hazelnuts, Brazils, cashews and pecans.
- Sunflower seeds, almonds and hazelnuts are rich sources of vitamin E.
- We gathered acorns and hazelnuts and beechnuts in the woods.
- Prepare the hazelnuts by roasting in the oven until brown.
- Unroasted nuts such as almonds, cashews, pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts and walnuts make an ideal snack food.
- In a small bowl, combine hazelnuts and brown sugar and set aside.
- Nuts especially high in vitamin E include almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, and pecans.
- When they're roasted, hazelnuts are the best nuts by far!
- Her skin is a luminous hazelnut brown and has a leathery texture.
- The hazelnuts in their shells that appear from autumn through to winter make us appreciate that food in season is always best.
- When the hazelnuts have completely cooled, break each one apart.
- We plucked fresh figs, apples, plums and hazelnuts from trees heavy with crops.
- Dukkah is an Egyptian spice mix that includes roasted hazelnuts, cumin, coriander and sesame seeds.
- All along the top of the cake were five hazelnuts.
- The loaf is hot and soft, and smells of almonds and hazelnuts and nutmeg.
- Thankfully for me I love cashews, hazelnuts, almonds and pistachios.
- Sprinkle on toasted and chopped hazelnuts or walnuts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.