In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1piojo de cabeza masculine
- Infestation with head lice is a widespread condition that is seen most commonly, but not exclusively, in children of school age, although there is no proof of a link with school attendance.
- Basically, anyone who has hair can contract head lice.
- The head louse begins as an egg laid near the scalp and ‘glued’ firmly to a hair shaft.
- Outbreaks of head lice are most common in school-aged children.
- An intense itch of a particular part of your body may be due to the presence of lice (body lice, head lice, pubic lice).
- A child should be allowed to return to school after proper treatment and should not miss valuable school time because of head lice.
- Nits are not a sign of active infestation with head lice.
- Parents generally discover head lice by seeing the nits in a child's hair, or when children complain of itching.
- So, how do you treat head lice, especially when lice are becoming resistant to common over-the-counter treatments?
- Finally, be aware that the head louse is only one of three lice species found in humans.
- When you suspect that a child has head lice, inspect the hair.
- Fine tooth combing of wet hair is an effective method of detecting head lice but unproved as a treatment
- Much to many parents' annoyance, the head louse is a tiny, wingless parasitic insect that lives among human hairs and feeds on extremely small amounts of blood drawn from the scalp.
- The team examined differences between parts of the genes of body lice and head lice.
- The head louse is an external parasite of the human host.
- Bug busting, a popular alternative to insecticide treatment for head lice, involves combing a child's hair with a fine toothed comb every few days.
- People can be infested with three types of lice: body lice, head lice and crab or pubic lice.
- If they knew how long ago body lice diverged from head lice, they should know the likely date for the appearance of the first clothes, too.
- It is a common mistake to associate head lice with dirty hair.
- ‘This problem has got worse recently, and head lice are much more common than they used to be,’ the site adds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.