In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1primera figura feminineestrella feminine
- ‘Yeah, and the irony is that the headliner is supposed to be the main attraction,’ agrees Lawrence.
- Many pop and rock headliners have established themselves as good actors, even if they didn't become box office stars in the movies.
- But the reason many of the headliners are where they are today is because they presented a different spin on an old concept.
- If they find out you're planning to up-stage the headliners, they'll zap you double-quick.
- In fact, he's upstaged the headliner a few times.
- The audience waited for another half an hour or so after the end of the performance of the supporting act, before the headliners of the evening appeared on stage.
- While the star headliner might tour with the show, smaller parts were often cast city-by-city.
- He was a vaudeville headliner of growing stature when he went into radio.
- Still, it's not everyday that a rock group performs a concert with an opening act that named themselves after one of the headliner's albums.
- The headliners tonight need no introduction and the choice of venue seemed to have put them back where they belong.
- You don't even know who the headliner is, and there's no presentation in that.
- After all that, we finally got to the headliners.
- With a limited number of slots on Main Stage, a lot of the musicians seen on side stages would be headliners anywhere else.
- The opening acts get more playing time than the headliner?
- The Scissor Sisters will follow Saturday night's headliners, Pet Shop Boys, in what promises to be one of the best events ever arranged by Rob da Bank.
- They motored their way behind the luxuriant tour buses of the headliners, and thought, privately, that they were living in a dream.
- It gives comedy fans something substantial to chow down on before the headliner hits the stage.
- The eastern, post-Toronto leg of the tour will feature headliners The Unicorns and regional acts.
- Contrary to the usual gig fodder of a support act and headliners, these legends of the indie scene have decided to do something different and head out on a joint tour.
- It's a photograph of all those warm up acts you've grumbled through as you wait for the headliner to take the concert stage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.