1(before noun) despierto(before noun) espabilado(before noun) despabilado
1dato masculineto give sb the heads-up on sth — poner a algn al corriente / al tanto de algo
- thanks for the heads-up — gracias por la información
- I'm going to advance you into time and just give you a heads-up for what the future holds.
- That's been fixed - and thanks for the heads-up, Steven.
- ‘It was a heads-up for everyone at the university’, says Holden, and these changes are part of the university's obligation to staff and students.
- Recapturing those youthful powers in certain anatomical areas have landed them right back, smack dab, in the morass of their relationship problems… in which a heads-up of a different sort is called for.
- They'll drive in from your left to your right there shortly and I'll be able to give you a heads-up here as soon as that bus starts moving closer to the aircraft.
- As the date for the release gets closer, I'll have more details, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.
- And I'd have missed it entirely if our architecture critic hadn't passed along a heads-up.
- I know you've mentioned Stephen's many bands on your site before so I thought you would like a heads-up, in case you weren't already aware.
- Thanks a million, D, for those links, and for the heads-up.
- The security measures taken by the Capitol Police last week supposedly was in response to the orange alert, which affected the financial district, and we weren't given a heads-up on that.
- Thanks to Anita Campbell for the heads-up on this report.
- Thanks to a heads-up from reader Fred Manzo, I've read Kurtz's piece - and there's not one damn thing in it I hadn't already read in the last week.
- Can anyone seriously believe that when the investigations began to happen, nobody gave the operatives a heads-up?
- I'm up to 7 now, with 2 more to go next week and still looking for ads or other heads-ups about Assistant Professors in Cell or Molecular Biology or Biochemistry.
- Thanks to Damian Penny for the heads-up on this.
- You can subscribe to their newsletter for a heads-up on new manifestos every two weeks.
- And can we get a heads-up on when they're being applied and when they're not?
- Thanks to multiple commenters below for the heads-up.
- I'm struggling with it myself, but it probably is a good heads-up for us as a society, we need to watch over our kids, and, as a society, we need to watch over each other.
- But with such high expectations, some anticipate at least a handful of negative heads-ups as we enter the earnings-warning season this month.