In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alimentos naturales masculinebefore noun health-food shop — tienda de alimentos naturales feminine
- The next several days passed in a blur of meditation and health food and talk.
- Big Food has had to find more tricks to transform the humble soy bean into a seductive health food.
- Using Chinese herbal medicine as food supplements or health food is very popular.
- The idea that chocolate could be health food seems too good to be true.
- The food here is good, but the canteen is really bad: health food and stuff like that.
- A ‘doorstep’ of moist, succulent wholemeal bread is considered the ultimate health food.
- In reality, this is a gorgeous dessert masquerading as health food.
- Well, there is the tree and cardboard school of health food, which all of us are familiar with.
- That last remark brought to mind a time when Hannah cleared out my whole fridge and filled it with health food.
- The drugs were stashed inside a package of health food addressed to a prisoner in Frankland Prison, County Durham.
- The makers of this particular brand of health food created a series of similar advertisements.
- I failed miserably at getting my husband, who at the best of times is not a fan of health food, to order anything beyond his hummus.
- We went back a couple of more times, but we soon realized we were coming back with more junk than health food.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.