In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The full funding of long term care as an integral part of a universal health service is long overdue.
- The reforms of the health service form the centrepiece of Labour's election campaign.
- How should the public health community and the health service respond?
- The priority in the initial years was to strengthen the public health services.
- Firstly, is the health service equipped to take the lead in public protection?
- Few GPs seem impressed by the government's plans for the future of the health service.
- As a result, the health service is chronically short of information technology skills.
- Interestingly, amalgamation turned out to be good for public health service in Toronto.
- There is widespread misunderstanding or confusion regarding public health services.
- Some states' governments have tried to use area health services to deliver care.
- Why can't this be used to establish a decent public health service that everyone can afford to use?
- Government ministers look down on the health service and don't quite understand.
- So we don't spend a lot of money when you consider the amount of money that's spent on the health service.
- It is vital the public have confidence in the health service and in the blood bank.
- Evidence for the dismal state of the public health services is well documented.
- After all it is more economically sound to keep a public health service and it is much better for all concerned.
- If I were to have an accident, I know I will be well taken care of by our health services.
- All I would like to know is where has it gone because it certainly has not gone into the health service in the area that I live in.
- He should make up his mind whether he wants to be in the public health service to provide a service to St Lucia.
- But even at the height of the communist system there was never a national health service.
- It shows that the chest pain observation unit has the potential to improve care and may reduce costs to the health service.
- Schools, the health service, the public sector - they all had a place in our awards as well.
- The enthusiasm of the health service to promote screening has perhaps given women unrealistic expectations.
- The poor are best served by a good public health service that is funded by taxation and free at the time of delivery.
- It is not the same as hospitals and health services, and care and rehabilitation.
- There are many similarities between the problems of the health service and the patient with chronic disease.
- There was a major overhaul of the public health service, badly needed after recent cholera epidemics in the South.
- As recently as three years ago some politicians could talk about the NHS as the finest health service in the world.
- They do this to assure the public that health services meet high standards, and that doctors can be trusted.
- She can control, by Order in Council, what a health service can and cannot do.
- Stuffing fry and beer down your throat everyday is the real factor that is bending the health service.
- Our strike is important for everyone in the health service and the public sector.
- Irish residents can use the card to get treatment in the public health service of any EU country.
- Restricting demand by restricting access has often seemed to be the only strategy in the health service.
- She did, however, pioneer family planning services in the early years of the health service.
- Increasing attendance in primary care is an important problem for the health service.
- Would these not be better spent on our universities, our health service and other public services?
- The approach is feasible to implement within the health service and the patient sample was non-selective.
- We know that there are some powerful barriers to use of the health service.
- There is a national health service, but private medicine serves a large share of the population.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.