In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)enfermera de la Seguridad Social que hace visitas a domicilio para asesorar sobre el cuidado de niños en edad preescolar, ancianos etc
- Each child should have an appointed key worker, such as a health visitor or school nurse, who knows about the assessment process and acts as a contact for the parent or carer.
- If any problems seem prolonged and you are worried about weight or growth, contact your health visitor, G.P or Dietitian.
- If you are uncertain, always check with your dentist or health visitor.
- A district nurse and community health visitor will also use the new centre as a base.
- Any parent who is concerned that a child may be allergic or intolerant to any food should get advice from their health visitor or GP.
- A referral to the clinic is made by either the GP, health visitor or nurse after consultation.
- Parents worried about bedwetting can consult their GP, health visitor or school nurse.
- The first was last Friday when experienced mothers with a nursery nurse and a health visitor gave advice on weaning.
- A health visitor sometimes visits, but in an emergency both these old men would be in trouble out here.
- Leila actually arranged for her health visitor to pay a visit to Anne-Marie's school to talk to her teachers and explain what they should do in the case of the little girl having a seizure.
- Sheila started working as a health visitor from the Central Clinic in Colchester, as well as the Greenstead clinic and East Hill.
- You can always see the health visitor or school nurse at any time, if you have any concerns.
- If you are worried about how your child will react to the vaccine, or if he or she has had previous reactions, talk to your GP, practice nurse or health visitor.
- On a personal note, I asked my health visitor and medical practise repeatedly that my daughter be given her pre-school MMR in separate doses.
- If you are breastfeeding, it is a good idea talk to your health visitor or midwife during home visits.
- Married with two daughters, she is a qualified nurse, midwife and health visitor and set up her own company advising on customer relations management.
- Check with your dentist or health visitor if you are unsure about how to look after your baby's teeth.
- The health visitor or doctor can advise on how to manage these problems.
- Mothers reported obtaining most general information about vaccination from their health visitor.
- Talk to your health visitor or the nurse at your doctor's surgery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.