In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(in good health)(person/animal) sano(skin/complexion) sano(complexion/skin) saludablehe's looking healthy — tiene un aspecto saludable
- she has a healthy appetite — tiene buen apetito
- The representatives of each faith read religious messages promoting a healthy environment.
- Intervention children showed a higher score for knowledge, attitudes, and self reported behaviour for healthy eating and physical activity.
- If your child sees you enjoying healthy foods and physical activity, he or she is more likely to do the same now and for the rest of his or her life.
- Americans also do not maintain enough healthy physical activity.
- In the end, results are used to make recommendations to farmers to promote a healthy, clean environment.
- Also, visit a nutritionist before you start a new routine since healthy eating plus physical activity is sure to help you.
- Physical examination showed a healthy, obese child.
- The nonintervention group received minimal information about healthy eating and physical activity.
- People with schizophrenia are less likely than healthy controls to report physical symptoms spontaneously.
- We don't know if taking sage will enhance mental functioning in healthy people.
- She said all her dogs were in good, healthy condition.
- It is a healthy drink that stimulates physical and mental performance supplying the body readily usable energy and vitamins.
- Patients with concerns or vague complaints who would consider themselves healthy schedule physicals.
- Separated from the real world, Canada's 13,000 prisoners have to work hard to stay physically and mentally healthy.
- Promoting healthy, balanced eating and a regular exercise program are still the most the sensible weight loss guidelines.
- Their stand will promote physical activity, mental health, healthy eating and smoking cessation.
- A spokesman for the Scottish Executive said its strategy on physical activity and healthy eating had been endorsed by the World Health Organisation.
- Each year the company makes contributions to charities and community organisations which underline their dedication to developing a healthy, safe society.
- A healthy lifestyle and regular physical exercise will strengthen the immune system and help prevent such diseases.
- Organized and run by a team of nutritionists, the Bureau seeks to promote wellness through a healthy diet.
- The standards that local healthy schools programmes must achieve for accreditation include taking a whole school approach to healthy eating and physical activity.
- And even in healthy people, the condition can be painful.
- The right of children to play enhances their healthy physical and psychological development and builds stronger communities.
- She was young and in spite of her mental illness was very healthy.
- For those who play, obviously it's healthy physical exercise.
- The cycle can of an unhealthy approach to food can be reversed by strongly promoting healthy eating to the youth of our country.
- The baby was taken to Cork University Hospital where staff reported she was in healthy condition.
- New houses are in hot demand, and older properties are in hot pursuit and it's a very healthy condition for sellers and buyers at the present time.
- Its excellence is a vivid demonstration of the healthy condition of the Folklore Society, and the remarkable progress of the discipline in England.
- After a long battle against the condition, the previously healthy young man died in York Hospital.
- The food may be healthy, but the conditions under which it's made are far from the standards demanded by fastidious Westerners.
- An ambulance crew - who named the baby Beau - was flagged down and they took him to nearby Chase Farm Hospital where his condition was described as healthy.
- As the foundation of a healthy and creative society, it benefits all of us with the richness and power of human communication.
- Physical examination showed a healthy man in no apparent distress.
- In a healthy person, physical fitness will set the level when breathlessness is experienced.
- We promote healthy diets, and there are so many studies showing that meat is just not the healthiest thing.
- The guide was sent as part of the National School Fruit Scheme, which aims to promote a healthy diet among infants.
- This can be achieved through regular physical exercise, healthy nutrition and sufficient rest.
- He said that the relocation was aimed at building healthy business conditions, so that there would no longer be vendors selling their goods on the road.
- Nowadays, music is both applied for patients with mental disorders and healthy people.
1.2(promoting good health)(environment/air/diet/living) sano(diet/living/environment/air) saludableit's healthy to swim — nadar es sano / saludable
1.3(sound)(respect) sano(discussion/debate) abierto y sin trabas
- The higher than normal turnover has stimulated a healthy competition from challengers who sense a greater opportunity of winning in a fight between two new contestants.
- Not all anger is misplaced, and often it's a healthy, natural response to these difficulties.
- I am out to give the public good, healthy mental shake-ups.
- Sick of seeing him suffer at the hand of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus an autoimmune disease where the body attacks its own healthy cells and tissues she decided to become a live donor.
- It is natural and healthy that each personality type is ruled by a dominant function, and that the other functions support the ruling function.
- There's something to be said for healthy competition.
- Jon is a friendly, creative stand-up comedian, with a love of languages, martial arts, and a healthy loathing for heavy physical exertion.
- He had everything, the mod sense of dress, an upwardly mobile lifestyle, a healthy contempt for authority and an irrepressible belief in his own creativity.
- He has a sharp sense of humour, is extremely intelligent, has manners, and yeah, we also had a healthy physical relationship.
- The beer ads run heavily during sports broadcasts watched by sports-minded kids who love healthy competition, achievement, discipline and victory.
- It is a natural and healthy part of being a child.
- The power to control one's destiny through the accumulation of wealth is not only natural, it is healthy.
- We advocate open, natural and healthy communication between the sexes.
- Okay, it has stirred a fresh debate, and that is both healthy and desirable.
- The diseased dyskinetic heart, which was nearly double the size of a healthy one, had an ejection fraction of less than 20 per cent.
- Plus, this healthy physical attitude of yours indicates deeper emotional well-being and stability.
- Obviously, there's not much you can do about a growth spurt - it is a healthy and natural part of growing up.
- In this perspective, pornography is not harmless fantasy or a corrupt and confused misrepresentation of an otherwise natural and healthy sexuality.
- Did the normal business competition and healthy professional rivalry they cultivated really amount to a war?
- I am sure that I am not the only cyclist who gets reports from his mid-40s physicals of having a healthy prostate.
- None the less, heterosexual relations within the bonds of marriage were seen as natural and healthy.
- I believe that the rising tide of abusive and criminal behaviour among children has to do with the fact that they no longer have a healthy physical fear of adults.
- Sexuality is a healthy and natural occurrence throughout a person's life cycle.
- They have the potential to revolutionise medicine by offering ways of repairing diseased and damaged body tissues with healthy new cells.
- The oil and massaging action should promote strong healthy nails.
2.1(democracy/society) que goza de buena salud(economy/finances) próspero
- John had been injured and missed two meets, as well has having crashed and costing the team a healthy amount of time and money to repair his car.
- The broadcaster breaks its promises to present a healthy amount of local and Canadian programming.
- I did notice healthy amounts of edge enhancement and ringing in certain scenes, such as the map scene in Moscow.
- The reason, they believe, is that aggregate demand was growing by healthy amounts in those eras.
- There is a healthy amount of adrenaline-packed gore and deadly combat.
- At the International Festival, Macbeth has taken a healthy amount of pummelling and stretching.
- The conversation flowed pretty smoothly, I think, and we had a healthy amount in common.
- I do however think it will pick up a healthy amount of votes.
- Although by now all six of us were firm friends, John and Stephanie had to go home to let their baby sitter get away, and there was still a healthy amount of wine to be drunk.
- I have removed the counter from the site, and am pleased to see a healthy amount of posts in my absence!
- All in all, the set was full of hearty laughter, laced with a healthy amount of irreverence and irony; it will please Engvall fans.
- He feels good about his chances and would be happy to return for another year, but has a healthy amount of perspective on it all.
- Keep a healthy stock of multiple sizes and types around; everything from small butterfly bandages to large wound dressings.
- Even the North West seems to draw a healthy amount of attendees.
- Special Edition boasts a healthy amount of extra material for a normal release, but is a little thin for a special edition.
- If the match is endorsed by the ICC, and it widely expected that this will happen shortly, it has potential to raise a healthy amount of money.
- There is a healthy amount of grain, moderate edge enhancement, and awful special effects.
- Mr Walsh has turned the airline's fortunes around returning it to a healthy profit of €64 million last year.
- Stones used in the sport must withstand a healthy amount of abuse and constant freeze-thaw cycles.
- Luckily for some of us there is still a healthy amount of hostility and disdain in both of these lovely little cities to balance things out.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.