In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1habladurías femininerumores masculinebefore noun hearsay evidence — testimonio de oídas masculine
- Whether evidence is hearsay depends on what you are using it for.
- Instead witnesses are allowed to give hearsay evidence of an identification that takes place outside the court.
- Prime facie thus it would appear that the police officer's evidence was hearsay.
- Nor had they put the witness statement in as hearsay evidence.
- This evidence was strictly hearsay and as such was inadmissible.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.