In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It did my heart good, as well as my lungs, for I laughed heartily throughout.
- I am sure your father would heartily approve any efforts to complete his peace efforts of ten years ago.
- James imagined what his friend would go through for a few days and laughed heartily.
- I thought it was thoroughly entertaining and would recommend it heartily.
- We all read out our stories and everyone laughed heartily at mine.
- He threw back his head and laughed heartily, for his appetite for football gossip matched his encyclopedic knowledge on the game itself.
- I heartily disagree about that disconnect between parents and childless people.
- Alexander laughed heartily at that, and the sound of his deep chuckle pleased her far more than she would have liked to admit.
- At one point Suzanne called Terri the bionic woman and I heard Terri laugh out loud heartily.
- He laughed heartily as he kissed her and she eagerly returned his passion.
- She pained a mustache and a goatee on him and laughed heartily at her accomplishment.
- Young and old join in the fun, clapping hands, singing heartily, laughing and even dancing to the music.
- I have since gone out and bought the entire album, and must heartily recommend it to absolutely everybody.
- You'll find very few people that disagree heartily with this intention but reality, as we all know, is an entirely different beast.
- I heartily doubt that warfare was ever like that, and it is certainly not like that now.
- And the audience proved it in ample measure by heartily applauding the film personalities.
- The audience sensed that, and laughed heartily at the reading of the diary entries.
- Her colleagues laughed heartily that day in Parliament and poked fun at me thereafter when we met socially.
- I'd heartily recommend this book to anyone interested in exploring the complex relationship between seeker and saint.
- I found myself chuckling over that, and then laughing heartily.
- People clapped continuously, laughed heartily and danced in gay abandon.
- In my defence, I laughed heartily when Leonardo got his, but that's no excuse.
- He laughs heartily, he has a slue of female friends, including myself, and he genuinely cares about all of us.
2(with enthusiasm)(eat/laugh) con ganas
3(totally)I heartily agree — estoy totalmente / completamente de acuerdo
- I'm heartily sick of the whole thing — estoy hasta la coronilla / hasta las narices de todo el asunto
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.