In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If not treated promptly, heat exhaustion may evolve into heatstroke, a deadly form of heat illness.
- Medications have shown little efficacy in treating heatstroke.
- Wet clothing is used to reduce the temperature in heatstroke.
- Worse, you may risk such dangerous conditions as heatstroke (dangerously high body temperature) and heart failure.
- If you have heatstroke, your temperature will be very high.
- The three types of heat-induced illnesses include heat strain, heat exhaustion, and heatstroke.
- Failure to arrest the process during heat exhaustion could lead to the more deadly condition of heatstroke.
- Prolonged dehydration can lead to heat exhaustion or even heatstroke, as the body can no longer maintain a safe core temperature.
- This is why one uncontrollably shivers during very cold temperatures, heat exhaustion or even heatstroke, as the body can no longer maintain a safe core temperature.
- Shock may result from trauma, heatstroke, allergic reactions, severe infection, poisoning or other causes.
- Evidence of central nervous system dysfunction should trigger a diagnosis of heatstroke rather than heat exhaustion.
- According to his mother, Bechler had a history of heat-related illnesses, having suffered heatstroke on two occasions during his high school career.
- Preparation for and understanding of heatstroke can help prevent much of its associated morbidity and mortality.
- This is a comprehensive source of information that helps surfers diagnose ailments, from altitude sickness to heatstroke, advises on first aid and discusses issues such as exercise programmes.
- Having heat exhaustion or heatstroke makes you more vulnerable to hot conditions for about a week afterwards.
- Heat-related illnesses are preventable, and physicians can help ensure their patients' safety by reviewing the article and patient education handout on heatstroke and heat exhaustion.
- Feeling thirsty is the initial symptom of heatstroke, which reflects that the body is short of fluids.
- Left untreated, these symptoms can develop into heatstroke.
- Most of the victims were poor - small farmers, elderly people, rickshaw pullers and street vendors - who succumbed to heatstroke and dehydration in temperatures that reached 49 degrees Celsius.
- It is important to remember that heat exhaustion, if not promptly treated, can lead to heatstroke, and that the two conditions may overlap, making vigilance of the utmost importance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.