In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Yet they help put the hedonistic excesses of the decade into proper perspective.
- He will lead a hedonistic life of unrestricted sense enjoyment, lording over everything and everyone.
- The sinful, hedonistic realm of pop music may seem a million miles away from the austere, forbidding world of Christian fundamentalism.
- I got to the door, got the cursory glance up and down, and was admitted to the hedonistic multi-level entertainment palace that is the Shed.
- And if you get tired of all that festival stuff, we bring you a guide to Edinburgh that will point you in the direction of more hedonistic pursuits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.