In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vaquilla femininenovilla feminine
- Pregnant heifers were rotated on native range pastures during the dormant season.
- Therefore, it was impossible to replace the heifers because of the lack of grazing forages.
- They raise their own replacement heifers and sell their bull calves to another organic farmer nearby.
- On the beef side, prices for last week showed no change from the previous week for bullocks and heifers.
- Rows and rows of cows and heifers, their moos resounding within the school walls, were tethered to makeshift stalls.
- The comparison was with a pregnant heifer purchased in the same fall.
- Some producers concentrate solely on cows, hiring other farmers to custom raise heifers.
- Both systems have utility in managing reproduction of beef and dairy heifers.
- The heifers were not treated differently after delivering the first calf.
- Her calf, a heifer, will be given as a gift to another family.
- Allocating grass on a 36 or 48-hour basis will allow cows and heifers to be fully fed most of the time.
- Successful first breeding and calving of the heifer is only part of a successful replacement strategy.
- This was costly, and the heifers often failed when the high level of feed inputs were taken out of the system.
- The heifer beat off stiff competition from nine other heifers and eighteen bulls to win the prestigious award.
- Therefore, a replacement heifer must be developed at a total cost that is less than the future value.
- Another reason for separating bulls and heifers is to prevent young heifers becoming pregnant.
- The heifers were subsequently weighed at the beginning and end of the breeding season.
- The heifers were kept in outdoor pens with fence-line bunks and dirt floors.
- Dry cows and in calf heifers can easily be managed inside as maintenance requirements are relatively low and can easily be met.
- It is better to fail to achieve conception with the yearling than to fail with the second calf heifer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.