In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ayudante masculineayudanta femininepainter's/electrician's helper — aprendiza de pintor/electricista feminine
- She is employed as a domestic helper but the employers treat her no better than a stray dog.
- However, the couple were suddenly left without care support, except a domestic helper for two hours a week.
- Like most moms, Brenda is assisted in her domestic duties by mother's little helpers.
- Following this early incident, Jake settled into his role as in-patient and domestic helper.
- Like tens of thousands of poor Asian women, she came to Hong Kong looking for a living wage as a domestic helper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.