In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bajo masculineruedo masculinehemlines will rise again this year — las faldas se van a volver a llevar más cortas este año
- Callie chose an off-the-shoulder black top with a flowing, knee-length black and white floral-printed skirt with an ruffled hemline.
- There were groups of Neanderthal-looking guys talking about football, and groups of girls wearing dresses with way high hemlines and way low necklines.
- Dragons on the neckline, at the wrists and at the hemline of the gown stare boldly outward.
- Some designers showed fur as a trim - around the necklines or hemlines of dresses, or on the collars and cuffs of sweaters and jackets.
- She put on a black strapless dress that showed just a hint of cleavage, clinging to her body before falling from her waist into a kerchief hemline.
- Emmeline waved to Marley and tugged the hemline of her suede skirt.
- The silhouette is feminine with detailed embroidery and beading scattered along neck and hemlines.
- On display were corsets in shimmering silks, empire line tops and dresses, cotton layer skirts with tattered hemlines.
- More sedate but nonetheless oozing French bohemian cool are overcoats with ruched hemlines in soft corduroy by Lilith.
- Turn the shirts inside out, and stitch the sleeves and bottom hemlines shut.
- Michelle, auditioning for a $200 role that involves cuddling in a singer's lap, is shown tugging her hemline lower down her thighs.
- Some dresses feature freaky frilled hemlines, and striped suits were shown with dramatic hats that wouldn't have looked out of place at Ascot.
- The drip-shape collar cut, exquisite embroidery in the hemline of the dress and the little ribbon in the coat express quality handicraft and pure chic.
- For lightweight fabrics, such as microfibers, I also recommend fusing interfacing around the bottom hemline of the coat as well.
- And then - to my complete horror - he placed his hand gently on my thigh, right below the hemline of my skirt.
- Crafted from a blend of virgin wool, angora and polyamide, this classic pullover features a crew neckline and ribbed hemline.
- Make long basting stitches to identify centerlines, pocket or tab placements, hemlines and topstitching guides.
- With her high necklines and long hemlines, she wasn't getting anybody excited.
- Women will be wearing sweaters, blousey linen and dresses with hemlines hovering below the knee.
- My eyes rested on a magnificent strapless light blue dress with sequins dotting the hemline.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.