In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In 1995, these researchers used newly incorporated techniques to rule out dengue virus as the cause of an outbreak of haemorrhagic fever in northern Nicaragua.
- Currently, there is no vaccine for the Marburg virus, a form hemorrhagic fever like Ebola.
- However, with the epidemic in the misuse of amphetamine, cocaine, and ecstasy primarily among young people traditional aetiological factors for haemorrhagic stroke are becoming overshadowed.
- In the case of an outbreak of a viral hemorrhagic fever, infected people should be quarantined.
- He underwent colonoscopy, which revealed a fungating and hemorrhagic rectosigmoid mass lesion.
- Outbreaks of cholera, malaria, typhoid, leishmaniasis, meningitis, and haemorrhagic fever also recorded.
- The Black Death was not an epidemic of bubonic plague but a viral haemorrhagic fever with a long incubation period that allowed it to travel far despite the limitations of travel in the Middle Ages.
- However, the vascular wall was intact without any aneurysmal dilation or communication with the hemorrhagic cystic lesion.
- This lesion was hemorrhagic and surrounded by edematous tissue with greenish discoloration.
- It is not associated with such widespread discoloration or hemorrhagic lesions.
- Yellow fever is a viral hemorrhagic fever syndrome spread by mosquitoes in parts of South America and Africa; it has urban and rural forms.
- We identified nine cohort studies of serum cholesterol concentration and stroke that distinguished thromboembolic and haemorrhagic strokes using computed tomography or postmortem findings.
- Twelve hundred cases of dengue and 101 cases of dengue haemorrhagic fever have been confirmed.
- The cut surface of the mass was firm and brown, with multifocal hemorrhagic areas.
- Ebola haemorrhagic fever is one of the most virulent viral diseases, causing death in 50-90% of all clinically ill people.
- In May 2004 I was part of an international team that responded to an outbreak of Ebola haemorrhagic fever in South Sudan.
- Lassa fever, a viral haemorrhagic fever transmitted by rats, is endemic in west Africa and may kill tens of thousands of people each year
- This review summarizes the importance of critical subjects like pathogenesis of dengue haemorrhagic fever and inadequacy of animal model that have adversely affected dengue vaccine development.
- Women are also at a higher risk for hemorrhagic stroke after thrombolytic therapy than men.
- Second generation vaccines against anthrax, smallpox, and plague are being developed, and vaccines against other agents of bioterrorism such as the haemorrhagic fever viruses and others are also in development.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.