In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1he vowed henceforth never to make the same mistake again — juró que en lo sucesivo / de allí en adelante no volvería a cometer ese error
- henceforth they shall be known as … — a partir de ahora / de ahora en adelante / en lo sucesivo se los conocerá como …
- Besides, even if a sensible plan is henceforth followed, it will only prevent future mistakes.
- Henceforth in the winter everyone will just have to suffer.
- Keeping the hurt inside, Killy henceforth learned in an existential manner to rely on no one but himself, and toughened his hide.
- We vowed that henceforth we would jointly keep a steady eye on the fuel gauge and not let it dip below the halfway mark.
- Many of those involved down the years believe that henceforward they will find access to a ticket next to impossible.
- But she must take it further and announce that henceforward her government is committed to telling the truth, unvarnished and unflinching.
- The company founded and still run by Lowell Gasoi will henceforward devote itself to producing ‘classic’ theatre in the West Island.
- The government dismissed the judgment and announced that, henceforth, it would not accept the jurisdiction of the court.
- He may not like it, and he may henceforth see me as ‘the enemy’, as politicians are wont to.
- This strengthens my resolve: henceforward, should anybody ask, I'm 29.
- Annabel Goldie - bless her - may henceforth be addressed as Daisy Danderfluff of Willowbottom.
- The ancient principle of divide and rule will henceforth be applied to British families.
- Also I am having a party with my flatmate, who henceforth shall be referred to as Blondie.
- Please recognize that they look stupid and think of them henceforth as lame.
- Just a short discourse and then this topic is closed on my blog henceforth.
- Almost incidentally, on August 2, 1883, a decree went up in every town square in Russia: Yiddish theater henceforward would be illegal throughout the land.
- It stipulated that no concessions would henceforward be given to individuals, only to recognised institutions.
- Henceforward, I shall regard my heater as having the soul of a poet.
- According to the new decision, visitors to patients would henceforth be required to carry passes.
- Posts here will henceforth become briefer and/or more infrequent.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.