In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1secuaz masculineesbirro masculine
- Of course, this educational challenge is quite unlike the ones that our politicians and their bureaucratic henchmen now insist are central to the current agenda.
- And the central bankers of the world and their political henchmen are surely taking advantage of that fact.
- Many feel even relieved to a certain extent that they no longer have to run after political leaders and their henchmen for payment.
- A hit man who asks no questions and creates no trouble, Michael Sullivan is a loyal henchman to ageing Irish mobster John Rooney.
- On February 14, 1929, Al Capone dispatched his henchmen to dispose of his crime syndicate's rival, Moran and his North Side Gang.
- How are we to break free from the dispiriting sequence of dictators and their henchmen?
- It was also the scene of murders: mafia henchmen allegedly threw unfortunates who couldn't pay their debts from the seven-floor building.
- The worst enemies of gold are obviously the world's top bankers (with a few exceptions) and their law-making political henchmen.
- David and his high-ranking henchmen had suites of rooms, while younger thieves like me usually shared rooms with others.
- Mr Cook simply has to appear principled and measured, and allow his henchmen and other supporters to do the work for him with MPs.
- He turned slowly to see one of Fleischer's henchmen pointing the pistol at him.
- He galloped his horse to the north, followed by his henchmen and Wong's group.
- Supervillains often employ the services of various henchmen to do their dirty work for them.
- The narrator avoids the question and leaves as quickly as he can, but Ras' henchmen follow him.
- A few well-placed henchmen and gunmen accompanied by a sniper can easily take out your entire family if you're not careful.
- The thugs and henchmen draw a variety of weapons that include everything from nasty-looking kitchen knives to a really neat-looking sub-atomic ionizer.
- Ray's henchmen are stock Italian mobsters, and their presence occasionally makes the movie seem like an ethnic joke.
- They had one foot in the past when lawlessness featured independent gunmen and their henchman preying on society at their own will without regard to other outlaws.
- Half an hour later and Natalie had been kidnapped by evil henchmen whilst Daniel engaged in fierce battle.
- On foot, we trade bullets with underworld henchmen and rival gangs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.