In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Death from acute viral hepatitis is usually due to the development of fulminant hepatitis.
- If a human who has hepatitis or HIV bites you, there is a small risk you may be infected.
- The incidence of infectious diseases such as diarrhoea, hepatitis, Weil's disease etc are on the rise.
- Myocarditis, pancreatitis, and hepatitis have also been described occasionally in severe infections.
- In viral and autoimmune hepatitis, the collapse is recognized as bridging necrosis.
- Humoral autoimmune mechanisms are said to be the connecting link between arthritis and hepatitis.
- Programmes to control leprosy, hepatitis and dengue fever are vividly shown.
- Precautions should be taken against cholera, hepatitis, typhoid and polio throughout the region.
- Viral hepatitis is the major cause of chronic liver disease worldwide.
- The same problem can occur in patients with the other liver diseases such as viral hepatitis.
- Sharing needles increases the risk of contracting serious diseases such as hepatitis and HIV.
- The non-neoplastic liver showed mild fibrosis without signs of cirrhosis or hepatitis.
- The only known serious adverse effects of statins are rhabdomyolysis and liver failure from hepatitis.
- Autoimmune hepatitis is a relatively uncommon disease that mainly affects young women.
- All subjects with history of chronic liver disease or any other known cause of hepatitis were excluded from the study.
- Patients who are recognised to have a higher risk for bloodborne viruses may be offered screening for hepatitis and HIV.
- There were demands for asylum seekers to be forcibly tested for HIV and hepatitis.
- Among the most prevalent liver diseases in this group are hepatitis and alcoholic cirrhosis.
- Sewage can carry cholera, typhoid, hepatitis and dysentery, all of which start with acute diarrhoea.
- Complications of systemic infection include pneumonia, encephalitis, and hepatitis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.