In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hierba feminineyuyo masculine Peru River Platemedicinal herbs — hierbas medicinales
- before noun herb garden — herbario
- herb pillow — almohadón relleno de hierbas aromáticas
- herb tobacco — tabaco de hierbas
- Whether you enjoy cooking with fresh herbs or prefer to use them for their medicinal qualities, an herb garden can be a fun, satisfying hobby.
- You can plant the herbs in the garden corners and at the very front for easy access.
- As a medicinal herb, lilies were said to treat burns, snakebite and even leprosy.
- For a couple of herbs, coriander and cilantro sure do cause a lot of confusion.
- Consider planting themed gardens in them such as all blue flowers or Italian seasoning herbs.
- This article explains how to start an indoor herb garden from plants or seed and how to properly care for it.
- This is just a small selection of the many herbs that are heat-tolerant; in the herb garden dry doesn't mean dreary.
- Rosemary, the herb of remembrance, flavors holiday food and decorations.
- He makes his sirloin with an herb butter of parsley, tarragon, marjoram, basil, and sage.
- Secluded from the street, you dine beside an herb garden, flowers and a fountain.
- The formal herb garden, crammed with medicinal and culinary plants, is the largest in Ireland.
- Fresh chamomile can be used in wreaths and bouquets of flowers and herbs.
- There have long been local specialities of wines flavoured with herbs, spices, flowers, or nuts.
- Coriander is an ephemeral plant which only lasts two to three months, so you need to regularly plant new coriander in your herb garden.
- But they take care of their herb gardens and flower gardens themselves.
- Making a lovely spreading mound of dark green leaves, lemon thyme is a fine addition to the herb garden.
- I also find the green leaves of ivy, herbs and other plants are beautiful as well.
- One of them is fenugreek seed extract, a traditional herb medicine for treating diabetes.
- You can take time to select chocolate or apple mint, lemon basil, and pungent garlic from an herb garden.
- Early March is the ideal time to start many slow-growing flower and herb seeds for this summer's garden.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.