In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Similar salt concentrations can be measured in soil solution of salt-marshes inhabited by a large variety of herbaceous flowering plants.
- The herbaceous vegetation was best developed at that time of year.
- Overwintering herbaceous plants or evergreen trees can only survive the winter seasons of cold climates when they are able to acclimate.
- It is therefore likely that photorespiration of herbaceous leaves is driven by a large carbon pool.
- Many species of native shrubs, vines and herbaceous plants were observed along hedgerows.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.