- Similar salt concentrations can be measured in soil solution of salt-marshes inhabited by a large variety of herbaceous flowering plants.
- Overwintering herbaceous plants or evergreen trees can only survive the winter seasons of cold climates when they are able to acclimate.
- The herbaceous vegetation was best developed at that time of year.
- It is therefore likely that photorespiration of herbaceous leaves is driven by a large carbon pool.
- Many species of native shrubs, vines and herbaceous plants were observed along hedgerows.