In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The non-atrazine herbicides were at least as effective as the atrazine herbicides.
- Apply herbicides when plants are in the rosette stage and prior to bolting.
- Tillage can incorporate pre-emergence herbicides reducing the need for moisture.
- The environment-friendly farming avoids use of artificial pesticides and herbicides.
- In my opinion the application of fertilisers, herbicides and pesticides makes for better quality food.
- Many soybean herbicides utilized for broadleaf control are cell membrane disrupters.
- It remains one of the most effective and safest broadleaf herbicides available.
- If there is anything we can do that will reduce the use of pesticides or herbicides, it will be good for agriculture.
- If it is not possible to dig or pull plants, use herbicides labeled for target plants that will not harm algae.
- Today billions of dollars are spent in pesticides, fungicides and herbicides.
- Victory would be secured with pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides.
- In general, herbicides and fungicides are less toxic than many of the other types of pesticides.
- Do not count on postemergence herbicides to control weeds that have already emerged at planting.
- Spring is the most effective time to use herbicides instead of tillage to control weeds.
- Preplant incorporated herbicides are incorporated into the soil prior to planting.
- So the herbicides had to go - and winter annual cover crops can be killed mechanically.
- Popular herbicides like atrazine and alachlor just didn't show up at the levels expected.
- Atrazine is an herbicide widely used to control weeds in Midwest corn and soybean fields.
- Although Alberta farmers use more pesticides and herbicides than city folks, they do so over a much larger area.
- Growers should read and understand the labels on herbicides and other pesticides they use.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.