In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1en ese momento
- I'm hereupon to be known as the only player dealt at the 2000 NBA trading deadline.
- Presently hereupon Huntly returned into the North, and left Captain John Gordon at Inverkeithing until he recovered of his wound.
- Hooker confessed, ‘For my owne part I dare not hereupon deny the possibility of their salvation… ’.
- And hereupon she began to guess, mentioning many names of young men in the village, and asked whether he was that one or that one.
- The Wanderers of other sects hereupon reverently saluted the Lord from afar, and went off on their way.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.