1she's all het up — está como loca informal
- to get (all) het up about/over sth — ponerse como loco por algo
- it's nothing to get so het up about! — ¡no es para tanto!
- In that context, therefore, it is difficult to see why the employers and the Government are getting so het up about a further 7% increase over 18 months.
- Everyone seems to be getting all het up over this.
- Don't know if it's a deliberate snub, or just an ‘I didn't know about it’ oversight, so I'm not going to get too het up about it at the moment.
- If you're going to get het up about it though, your complaint should be directed at the management, not the poor unfortunate who'd much rather be somewhere else, doing something else, and is only there by reason of compelling circumstance.
- Prudie has very little patience with the people who get all het up about the content of children's books.
- The more het up you are, the less capable you become of logical thought.
- At last - this is the thing Williams is getting all het up about.
- I've made a little resolution about consumer anger recently, so I'm not going to get all het up and cross about it but you do have to wonder what century it is, precisely, that these people inhabit.
- Honestly, I don't know what everyone's getting so het up about…
- So he can get as het up as he likes about the perceived injustice of it all, while the likes of me just shrug our shoulders and write him off as just another chip-on-your-shoulder hard left bore.
- The reason I'm so het up about one little arrangement of pixels on a screen is that Canada, a civilized country, one of our own, has taken a step in that same terrible direction.
- It's all too easy to get het up and angry with an organisation.
- I don't think she was too impressed when I said that, in my opinion, she should buy her grandson a large pack of condoms and tell her daughter not to get so het up about things.
- I don't really get why some people have gotten so het up about it.
- You'd think at my age I wouldn't get quite so het up about stuff.
- Where is all this traffic that everyone's getting so het up about?
- Anyhow going to the Greenwoods now (Mother's getting a bit het up because we should have left by now).
- Then I get all het up and angry and upset and frustrated and full of rage and have to remind myself that this imagined conversation never actually took place.
- Of course, I always said I was a Trekkie, too, and apparently people who get het up about such things say it should be ‘Trekker.’
- Everyone was fairly het up and agitated by that point.