In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When it came to benefits, those in heterosexual relationships were treated as a couple and got less than they would have if they were treated as two individuals.
- He was in a stable heterosexual relationship with his partner of over five years and denied being an injecting drug user.
- In everyday society we do not dwell on a heterosexual person's bedroom habits.
- Lesbian and gay relationships can be as nurturing and monogamous as heterosexual relationships.
- Davies, who was in a heterosexual common-law relationship for 24 years, has long been a supporter of gay and lesbian rights.
- Gay men are now more likely to practice safer sex than heterosexual men.
- The majority of these cases of heterosexual transmission resulted from sexual contact with a partner who was an intravenous drug user.
- Experts expect that employers who offer benefits to spouses of heterosexual employees will cover same sex spouses too.
- Gloria is heterosexual but says she enjoys holding hands, cuddling, and kissing with women.
- Take a situation where, after the break up of a heterosexual relationship, there are frozen, fertilised eggs and the woman wants to use them to have a child on her own.
- All the principles we would use to evaluate a heterosexual relationship we would also use to evaluate a homosexual one.
- It's true, heterosexual people have so much certainty about themselves.
- This is why heterosexual people have sex even if they don't want - or can't have - children.
- Men in a heterosexual relationship who also are engaging in sex with other men may not identify themselves as bisexual or homosexual.
- Compared to most of the heterosexual relationships in the film, however, even a tragic lesbian relationship looks appealing.
- A new study finds that lesbians earn more than straight women while heterosexual men earn more than their gay counterparts.
- Unwanted sexual experiences are common in both heterosexual and homosexual relationships.
- This article focuses exclusively on heterosexual relationships.
- It found no meaningful differences between children raised by gay parents and those raised by heterosexual parents.
- In the United States lesbians and single heterosexual women generally have full access to fertility treatments.
- Thus developmental sequence, not age cohort, best predicted heterosexual romantic and sexual involvement.
- The other students, straight male heterosexual students, make fun of him but I know deep inside that they like him.
- Most of the couples probably value marriage more than the average heterosexual couple because it's been denied them.
- If you are gay, and in a relationship, wouldn't you like it to be public knowledge, just as heterosexual de facto relationships are.
- He says his doctors automatically assume he's heterosexual when they learn he's married.
- There is ample evidence to show that sexual aggression is a serious problem in heterosexual relationships.
- Sexual orientation was assessed by asking interviewees whether they are heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual.
- I'm also proud of the fact that I'm in a monogamous, heterosexual relationship with my soul mate, who happens to be in the form of a man.
- Teenage heterosexual boys, these mothers know, are bound to bring heartache.
- Issues surrounding trust and commitment may interfere with condom use in some heterosexual relationships.
- The data presented here are part of a larger study developing methods to assess power and gender roles in heterosexual relationships.
- If the relationship is allowed to develop, your friend will most likely find out soon enough whether or not this gentleman is heterosexual.
- There are few things more intimidating to most heterosexual men than a gay man who is attracted to them.
- He compares these thoughts to the temptations that married heterosexual men have for women other than their wives.
- Those who reported heterosexual sexual relationships were also likely to report heterosexual romantic relationships.
- Therefore, if I were in a committed heterosexual relationship, with no desire to get married, I might well have a legitimate grievance at that stage.
- The Globe company needs to experiment with casting actors who are androgynous enough to be sexually alluring to heterosexual men.
- And of course in all this, in heterosexual relationships, contraception tends to fall to the woman to sort out.
- The incidence of HIV infection and AIDS is growing rapidly among heterosexual women.
- As a result, I am more in touch with my own sexuality than most heterosexual people could even come close to achieving.
- Even heterosexuals are showing greater skepticism about relationships and marriage.
- That lesson is now spreading across the country, as more and more heterosexuals stand up for gay marriage.
- They think marriage is a good idea for heterosexuals but don't support it as much for gay men.
- It's true, lots of heterosexuals constantly make a big fuss about their sexuality in the workplace.
- Many bisexuals experience hostility not only from heterosexuals but also from gay people.
- In Denmark, the gay divorce rate is one-fifth of the divorce rate for heterosexuals.
- Clearly they assign a greater significance to marriage than considering it just a civil contract, as do most heterosexuals.
- It is well-known that some people choose to have sex in public places but this is the case for heterosexuals and lesbians as well as gay men.
- It's high time we rid ourselves of the myth that professional sport is somehow the almost exclusive preserve of heterosexuals.
- In practice, lesbians tend to be more faithful than heterosexuals are.
- We believe that gays and lesbians should have the same rights as heterosexuals.
- Talking about homosexuality is easier for heterosexuals than talking about adultery or divorce.
- It seems as if heterosexuals are willing to tolerate homosexuals, but only from a position of power.
- These correlations suggest a variety of influences on heterosexuals ' attitudes.
- However, to brand heterosexuals and lesbians as somehow naturally more monogamous is misleading.
- All available mainstream studies show that homosexuals are no better and no worse at raising children than are heterosexuals.
- Clearly, some gays are unsuitable parents, but plenty of heterosexuals are no great shakes as mummies and daddies.
- Around half the cases in Swindon are in gay men, while the rest are heterosexuals of both genders.
- Such a law requires the government itself to treat gays the same as heterosexuals.
- This would allow same sex couples as well as heterosexuals, to announce their commitment to another person for an agreed length of time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.