In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de alta dependencia
- Miss Nelson had to be put on a ventilator in the high-dependency unit of the Manchester Royal Infirmary and stayed in hospital for more than three weeks.
- The bullet was removed and he's being kept in a high-dependency unit at a hospital, but his condition is not life-threatening.
- It is equipped with the latest in medical facilities, including eight high-dependency and 38 low-dependency hospital beds.
- Our campaign aims to raise £300,000 for two high-dependency rooms on York Hospital's children's ward, equipped with state-of-the-art, life-saving technology.
- Last night Mrs Dixon said she remained angry that surgery had been cancelled so many times due to a shortage of beds in the hospital's high-dependency unit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.