In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine silla altatrona feminine Spain
- Nappies are provided free by the nursery and there is a special eating room complete with high chairs where the babies are fed with food brought in by their mothers in the morning.
- Last year, consumers spent $8.6 billion on baby furniture, including cribs, mattresses, high chairs, strollers and baby gates.
- Most children can sit for short periods in a high chair at the table and revel in the food.
- Never leave your child alone on a high place, such as a changing table, high chair, or sofa.
- The baby was propped up in a high chair, his breakfast still on the table in front of him.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.