In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The ‘Authorized Version’ arose out of a conference at Hampton Court, convened by James I in 1604, between the High Church and Low Church parties.
- There is a sort of dynamism there in that wing of the movement which separates it from the old High Church.
- This community of believers developed a cohesive identity not just through its religious outlook and its struggles with the High Church, but also through the experience of weekly worship together.
- Nor was Newman a liberal, rather a High Church Anglican who converted to Catholicism.
- The audience ranged from High Church Anglo-Catholics to low church Evangelical Anglicans.
sector de la Iglesia Anglicana más cercano a la liturgia y ritos católicos
relativo a laHigh Church
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.