In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in England and Wales)
- However, it underestimated the calibre of its policyholders, which included high court judges.
- The case surrounding the two directors was heard at the High Court of Justice in London.
- The legal battle, which included rulings by two Education Secretaries, a judicial review and a high court appeal hearing, is estimated to have cost the council £1m.
- The only appeal is by way of judicial review in the high court - although aggrieved parents can also complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.
- The case is expected to go before London's high court next year.
una de las dos ramas del Tribunal Supremo, con competencia para conocer de causas civiles que excedan cierta cuantía
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.