In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alta fidelidad femininebefore noun high-fidelity equipment — equipo de alta fidelidad masculine
- We all know that the Internet can carry high-fidelity audio, since many of us have listened to streaming audio music or radio programs using our Internet connection and PC.
- The sound came through in high-fidelity on 24 tracks.
- One of the unique features of the new radio station is that it has done away with tapes and compact discs, using a sophisticated computer server to deliver high-fidelity sound, free from noise and signal disturbance.
- A built-in, rechargeable lithium-polymer battery provides up to 16 hours of continuous high-fidelity music playback.
- Simply connect it to the network, attach high-fidelity speakers and play.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.