In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zapatos de tacón alto masculinezapatos de taco alto masculine Southern Cone
- When I was living in Madrid, you only ever left the house looking immaculate - pressed suit, high heels, jewellery.
- She was wearing her high heels and didn't want to make a fool of herself by missing a step and falling flat on her face in front of Jesse and everyone else.
- I wear flat shoes for walking to work but otherwise it's high heels from Dior, Jimmy Choo or Prada.
- Large numbers of Manhattan women are also reportedly trading high heels for trainers.
- She was wearing a charcoal business suit, black high heels, and glasses with thin silver frames.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.