In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1misa mayor feminine
- On the Sunday after Christmas, there were just two sopranos and three basses in the choir at High Mass.
- The Kyrie-Christe eleison, the Sanctus and the Agnus Dei are repeated three times in the course of a Low Mass and in addition, in the course of a High Mass, the censer is swung three times to waft incense over altar, servers and people.
- I am almost certain that it is Anglican, but I was somewhat confused by the noticeboard outside advertising High Mass and Low Mass, and, inside the smell of incense.
- Over the past seven days, more than 600 people came to hear Pope John Paul sing a High Mass.
- The details of the Mass are yet to be decided - whether it will be an intensely solemn High Mass or the more simple one requested by the last Pope, John Paul I.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.