In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alto tribunal masculine
- This past April, however, Utah's attorney general asked the higher court to reinstate the original charges.
- She said in mid-June that she would go to a higher court and appeal the decision.
- After the court handed down its verdict of 1,020 yuan compensation, the plaintiff appealed to a higher court but lost his appeal.
- Judges should take a consistent approach to recurring issues and are obliged to follow the decisions of earlier cases, at least when they have been given by the higher courts.
- The legal system depends on lower-court judges obeying higher courts, just as it depends on litigants obeying judges.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.