In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1enseñanza superior feminine
- He encourages them to study and hopes that they will go on to higher education.
- The government and the heads of elite universities argue that more money is needed to fund higher education.
- Student debt is set to remain an obstacle to widening access to higher education, research suggests.
- The number of pupils from his school entering higher education has doubled in a year.
- The rest of the developed world is placing an absolute premium on higher education.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.