In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(makeup)sombra clara de ojos feminine
- The creamy concealers and highlighters in Pixi's Eye Bright Kit are the ultimate cover-up for bleary eyes the morning after the night before.
- Imitate the look with the newest highlighters or light-reflecting lotions and tints, which help scatter light, leaving you with a noticeably glowing look.
- The four eyeshadows are easy to apply (with fingertips) and also double up as highlighters and lipgloss.
- Adding a drop or two of a liquid highlighter to your foundation will increase luminosity and produce an overall glow.
- I used highlighter under the eyebrows and silver on her eyes and a purply-mauve on her lips with a pink gloss.
2(pen)rotulador masculinemarcador masculine Latin America
- I ended up sitting reading it on the long journey southwards to London, with my highlighter and red pencil, marking the errors in the book as I read.
- ‘Aunt Lori is getting married,’ Sherri commented, marking the date with a highlighter in her appointment book.
- When I left for pastures new, I had literally a couple of dozen pencils, disposable ballpoints, marker pens, and highlighters stashed in my top drawer.
- I'm one of those people who reads books with a highlighter or pen and I note passages that I find particularly meaningful/moving/well-written/enraging.
- Keep the study zone bright and clean, keep study supplies like pens, paper, highlighters and a dictionary on hand, and keep it free of distractions like the television, the telephone and loud music.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.