In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hiyab masculinehijab masculine
- Can you please explain to me in the light of Qur'an and Hadith what is the hijab for my husband to his brother's wives?
- The ban will likely include large Christian crosses, Jewish yarmulkes, Muslim hijabs and turbans worn by Sikhs.
- Some Muslim women wear the traditional hijab in public.
- My hijab, the head covering many Muslim women like myself wear out in public, had caught her attention.
- Still, the Muslim headscarf, or hijab, that I wear makes me feel as if I am under a microscope.
- Their faces covered by the Muslim hijab, they lolled dead in their seats.
- Just as police officers are more professionally aware while in uniform, so I had a stronger sense of being a Muslim wearing my hijab.
- But when I got into the building, I saw tens and twenties of Muslims - women in hijabs, people who said As-Salaam-Alaikum to us.
- The conference condemned attacks on the Muslim population and defended the right of Muslim women to choose to wear the hijab or burqa.
- The French Assembly is wrong to ban Muslim headscarves, the hijab, in public schools.
- If the banning of the hijab in France protects Muslim girls from racist attack, then it will have done some good.
- Last year, after deciding to wear the hijab, or Islamic head scarf, and follow her faith more closely, she knew her routine would have to change.
- Not all Muslim women wear the hijab, because not all practise their religion at the same level.
- In many cities women in Christian congregations have started wearing the hijab to identify with Muslim women.
- As shown on this Seattle-area Muslim woman, the hijab often leaves the entire face open.
- This impression is further reinforced by the pronouncements of some orthodox ulema that wants to see Muslim women wrapped in hijab.
- Chapter Four describes interviews with seven Muslim women who wear hijab.
- A High Court today ruled in favour of Denbeigh High School which already allows pupils to wear shalwar kameez and hijab as uniform.
- The Principal decided the Muslim veil or hijab was a threat to the secular French public school system.
- Muslim women wear the hijab for a number of reasons beyond the obvious religious motivations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.