In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cima femininecumbre feminine
- Coastal areas, hilltops, and mountain passes are common areas for wind farms.
- No one-off houses scar the hilltops and valleys.
- Consequently, hilltops may not be key or decisive terrain because you cannot observe through the canopy.
- They occur in many different situations in the landscape including river valleys and hilltops.
- No sooner had he done this than it was decided to move the Academy from the damp riverside to the hilltop.
- From a hilltop, Bill Adams points to the next ridge, which is now heavily wooded.
- Most were found on hillside slopes although some were located on hilltops or knolls.
- The hilltops and ridges generally have a mix dominated by oaks, Carya glabra, and Pinus rigida.
- Less lime is generally required on bottomland, more on hillsides and the most on hilltops.
- Willow will be planted to shore up the banks of the River Devon and wetland created to soak up water on neighbouring hilltops.
- Low clouds embraced the hilltops around the valley, tendrils of mist wending down into the frost-rimed trees along the slopes.
- On Monday they will head off to explore the extensive network of ancient trails and bridleways that cross the valleys and hilltops.
- Beyond the village, Eastern Shura forces advanced up a narrow, forested valley, while the tanks shelled the hilltops a mile away.
- This may explain, in part, why this is occurring on many hillsides or hilltops.
- First was the development of defended settlements, usually on hilltops or promontories that afforded natural defence.
- Sunday dawned grey and forbidding as clouds hung low over Lough Talt, clinging ominously to the hilltops around the lake.
- As the region was swamped by the new lake and hilltops turned into small islands, top predators like jaguars and harpy eagles fled the area.
- But it's now believed to come from ‘kan’ or ‘summit’, because the earliest settlers settled on the summits or hilltops.
- Constructed on hilltops with views of major valleys, the pucaras had barracks, houses, reservoirs, and a sun temple.
- Kammu houses are built close together in the village, located on a hilltop or halfway up a mountain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.