- A great admirer of Lata Mangeshkar, Shalini is passionate about Carnatic and Hindustani music besides Western classical.
- In North America, between 250 to 300 well-organized concerts of Carnatic and Hindustani music are presented each year by over 100 local organizers.
- ‘You are so responsive an audience…’ exclaimed M.S. Gopalakrishnan, who regaled the crowd with his Hindustani violin.
- It is open to all practitioners of music including Carnatic, Hindustani, Western, Light-Classical and Devotional.
- Ananya is an organisation that has been involved in promoting Hindustani and Carnatic music through its various activities.
- When the emphasis is on patrons and court culture, a limited reading of Hindustani music is inevitable.
- And on the 25th year of its existence, the Academy also plans to honour some living legends of Hindustani music.
- The book's closing story, for example, is about Mohanji, a gentle and gifted singer trained in classical Hindustani music.
- The ‘ragas’ and ‘raginis’ of Hindustani music were treated as lovers and beloveds of the medieval times.
- The Gandharv channel promotes Hindustani music, reflecting the current musical scenario and upcoming artists, besides the veterans.
- Moaning is a key part of the Hindustani zeitgeist.
- They can learn Carnatic or Hindustani vocal as well.
- The fusion of Indian melody of the Hindustani variety (as opposed to the Carnatic) and steady-paced jazz-rock beats is uplifitng.
- I play Dhrupad, a kind of classical Hindustani music, on this rudraveena.
- How is Carnatic music different from Hindustani?
- The Hindustani POWs in Turkey were coaxed to join this army.
- And of course, be prepared to make that transition from pop, rock, and blues (blaring out of your car stereo) to the Hindustani stuff.
1indostaní masculineindostánico masculine
- This is partly because of the spoken Hindustani being Sanskritised.
- French, Spanish, and English patios are also common, as well as Hindustani, a dialect of Phojpuri Hindi.
- When I was growing up, the only language I ever heard was either Urdu or Hindustani.
- It is a pleasant amalgam of Persian, Arabic, Marathi, and Hindustani with Konkani as its base.
- When he began speaking in Hindustani, the Chairman reminded him that many members did not know the language.
- They speak, Urdu or Hindustani regardless of the local languages of an Indian State in which they happen to live and thrive.
- The overwhelming majority of Indo-Fijians speak Fiji Hindustani, or Fiji Hindi.
- East Lynne was repeatedly dramatized and filmed, and translated into many languages, from Welsh to Hindustani.
- In an early scene, Hari is snobbish with Ronald when he is addressed in Hindustani (he can speak only English).
- Therefore, no credit at all except for some vocabulary is given to Turkish languages in the history of development of Urdu, Hindi or Hindustani.
- Urdu and Hindi are the same language, khari boli or Hindustani, written in two alphabets.
- English is the official language in Fiji, though Fijian and Hindustani are also spoken.
- Even though Dr. Joshi knows chaste Hindi, he spoke in Hindustani peppered heavily with Urdu words.
- She laughs and says, ‘I've told you so many times not to talk to me in Hindustani.’
- To a mammoth crowd he spoke in Hindustani about the Government's determination to abolish both untouchability and landlordism.
- The Muslims kept the words, and Hindustani came to be called Urdu.
- I was stationed near Chittagong during the war, and speak a little Hindustani.