In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A great admirer of Lata Mangeshkar, Shalini is passionate about Carnatic and Hindustani music besides Western classical.
- In North America, between 250 to 300 well-organized concerts of Carnatic and Hindustani music are presented each year by over 100 local organizers.
- ‘You are so responsive an audience…’ exclaimed M.S. Gopalakrishnan, who regaled the crowd with his Hindustani violin.
- It is open to all practitioners of music including Carnatic, Hindustani, Western, Light-Classical and Devotional.
- Ananya is an organisation that has been involved in promoting Hindustani and Carnatic music through its various activities.
- When the emphasis is on patrons and court culture, a limited reading of Hindustani music is inevitable.
- And on the 25th year of its existence, the Academy also plans to honour some living legends of Hindustani music.
- The book's closing story, for example, is about Mohanji, a gentle and gifted singer trained in classical Hindustani music.
- The ‘ragas’ and ‘raginis’ of Hindustani music were treated as lovers and beloveds of the medieval times.
- The Gandharv channel promotes Hindustani music, reflecting the current musical scenario and upcoming artists, besides the veterans.
- Moaning is a key part of the Hindustani zeitgeist.
- They can learn Carnatic or Hindustani vocal as well.
- The fusion of Indian melody of the Hindustani variety (as opposed to the Carnatic) and steady-paced jazz-rock beats is uplifitng.
- I play Dhrupad, a kind of classical Hindustani music, on this rudraveena.
- How is Carnatic music different from Hindustani?
- The Hindustani POWs in Turkey were coaxed to join this army.
- And of course, be prepared to make that transition from pop, rock, and blues (blaring out of your car stereo) to the Hindustani stuff.
1indostaní masculineindostánico masculine
- This is partly because of the spoken Hindustani being Sanskritised.
- French, Spanish, and English patios are also common, as well as Hindustani, a dialect of Phojpuri Hindi.
- When I was growing up, the only language I ever heard was either Urdu or Hindustani.
- It is a pleasant amalgam of Persian, Arabic, Marathi, and Hindustani with Konkani as its base.
- When he began speaking in Hindustani, the Chairman reminded him that many members did not know the language.
- They speak, Urdu or Hindustani regardless of the local languages of an Indian State in which they happen to live and thrive.
- The overwhelming majority of Indo-Fijians speak Fiji Hindustani, or Fiji Hindi.
- East Lynne was repeatedly dramatized and filmed, and translated into many languages, from Welsh to Hindustani.
- In an early scene, Hari is snobbish with Ronald when he is addressed in Hindustani (he can speak only English).
- Therefore, no credit at all except for some vocabulary is given to Turkish languages in the history of development of Urdu, Hindi or Hindustani.
- Urdu and Hindi are the same language, khari boli or Hindustani, written in two alphabets.
- English is the official language in Fiji, though Fijian and Hindustani are also spoken.
- Even though Dr. Joshi knows chaste Hindi, he spoke in Hindustani peppered heavily with Urdu words.
- She laughs and says, ‘I've told you so many times not to talk to me in Hindustani.’
- To a mammoth crowd he spoke in Hindustani about the Government's determination to abolish both untouchability and landlordism.
- The Muslims kept the words, and Hindustani came to be called Urdu.
- I was stationed near Chittagong during the war, and speak a little Hindustani.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.