1cadera feminine(size/measurement) (before noun) de caderaswith one's hands on one's hips — con los brazos en jarras
- to be broad/narrow in the hip(s) — ser ancho/estrecho de cadera(s)
- She wore no coat and a pair of old, ragged shorts hugged her slim hips.
- The message that large hips are healthy follows a drive by some high street stores to recognise that big is beautiful.
- But there was Mac, with her height, wide hips, and generous backside and chest.
- They have the option of the ‘comfort fit’ jeans, which are cut to hide a generous waistline and ample hips.
- Then Lastri related how customers would frequently touch or brush against her hips and buttocks.
- As Graham followed her swaying hips inside, he had to fight with his body for control.
- The third group is composed of patients that have a mild amount of excess in the belly, hips, thighs and sagging buttocks.
- The royal family are shown with elongated skulls and pear-shaped bodies with skinny torsos and arms but fuller hips, stomachs and thighs.
- The low waistline hugged her hips and the skirt was not heavy or overflowing.
- Begin by tightening your buttocks and lifting your hips off the floor.
- Only four and a half feet tall, she had enormous hips and buttocks, but otherwise normal body parts.
- She had an fine body, even though she was a tad wider in the hips and behind area then fashion models, mind you, she did eat.
- If your hips, buttocks or thighs start to have an unsightly rippled look, use Celutrol's massage glove.
- Their backsides, hips and thighs are also larger.
- The ideal shape has a deep V-neck and is long enough to cover the hips and bottom.
- This workout targets the quadriceps, hamstrings, buttocks, upper hips, inner thighs and calves.
- The costume fit snugly around her obvious curves at the waist, hips, and upper chest.
- If you're a bit heavy and feel that a tapered hem makes your hips or upper thighs look bigger, try a straight leg style instead.
- She has a 52 in bust, 64 in hips, and the circumference of her arms is 22 in.
- If you carry most of your fat around your hips and thighs or lower body, you're considered to be pear-shaped.
2(joint)cadera femininethey fitted him with a plastic hip — le pusieron una cadera de plástico
1escaramujo masculinehips and haws — escaramujos y espinos
- Less well known is rose hip soup, a sweet, cold soup high in vitamin C, traditionally served during the long winter months when fruits are scarce.
- It is remarkably rich in vitamin C, outdoing even rose hips in this respect and having a twentyfold advantage over oranges, weight for weight.
- The fall brings bright orange rose hips to decorate the bush.
- You can avoid caffeine by choosing green teas such as Chinese Gunpowder, and herbal teas with rose hips, chamomile, peppermint and raspberry.
- The hedgerows are rich with fruit, elderberries, blackberries, sloes, hips and damsons.
- Filled with the energy of a season's growth, hips and berries are certainly the fruit of a plant's labour.
- Allow the dead flowers to form hips, which helps signal the plants that winter's coming.
- In autumn, the flowers are transformed into small bright orange hips.
- And the vitamin C content is among the highest for any plant - fourth after rose hips, hot chili pepper and sweet red pepper.
- Developing rose hips and seeds above the girdling will die.
- Permit rose hips to remain on the shrub as food for overwintering birds and color interest in an otherwise dull winter garden.
- Then we scramble down the slope to the stony beach, and nibble on wild rose hips.
- Lemon juice bleaches the color; try rose hips instead.
- Evening primrose, wheat germ, and rose hip seed oils all make fine additives to this mask.
- Rosa rugosa alba has white flowers and huge orange hips, while R rugosa scabrosa has pink flowers and tomato-red hips.
- You can even make rose hip tea for yourself and your guests!
- And like the apple or most any fruit, the hip can be used in several ways by the successful gardener.
- After the flowers fade, they produce large orange or red hips that may reach an inch across.
- The hips of shrub roses make a colorful display, while southern magnolia has large seedpods with glowing red berries.
- Crab apples were used as were sloes, rose hips and rowan berries.
1(invariable adjective) 'in' informal dateden la onda informalshe's really hip to what's going on — está muy en la onda de lo que ocurre informal
- She can be hip and happening and studious at the same time.
- I guess they'll ‘get it’ on the repeat and I'll look hip and groovy.
- I thought it was some new street slang that I wasn't yet hip to.
- Aimed at the youth, the designers promise a young, funky and hip look in their collections.
- Which bands are hip young things with cool haircuts currently referencing?
- They are empty, overly wholesome fodder that only give off the ‘aura’ of being hip and fashionable.
- ‘Shiny, 24-year-old people who were all very hip and cool were going into this thing,’ he said.
- After Dil Chahta Hai, this is Aamir's latest attempt at a cool and hip flick.
- Yes, we deliberately chose people who were high profile, and also yes, quite cool and quite hip and quite witty.
- I bought a packet at the weekend, and it now comes in a new funky, hip packaging.
- The new look is very cool, very hip, with lots of good pictures.
- But now it's a fashionable district of hip bars and restaurants, full of restored synagogues, Jewish cemeteries and kosher restaurants.
- I didn't want to bring this up, but, you know - revolutionaries as we have known them were anything but trendy, hip people.
- I'd like to say I bought them specially for the party, being far too hip and funky to ever have such items of clothing in my wardrobe, but I can't.
- He's hip to what he calls "the game" the music business has evolved into.
- In today's culture, it's very hip and very cool to be seen as a person who is searching for ‘truth.’
- You could be wearing the most fashionable, hip outfit, and you will still look like a doofus when you're on vacation.
- It's fun, bubbly and wonderful to look at, a real treat for the eyes and ears in a totally groovy, hip kind of way.
- I first spotted it on goobita a while back, but now it's all the rage with the hip groovy kids of Britain.
- It was might cool place where all the hip cats and dudes hangout.
- She and Jonze married in 1999, in front of a hip crowd peppered with designer rock and fashion icons.
- The atmospheres that you dance around in looks very hip and trendy and is, obviously, quite fitting to the theme of the game.
1hip, hip, hooray / hurrah! — ¡viva!
- Hip Hip Hooray! OK, Dad is out of the woods. He was moved on Monday to the "Transitional Care Unit" (rehab floor).
- Neil was born today, hip-hip hooray!
- home information pack