In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pantalones de tiro corto masculine
- Five minutes later Audrey walked out in a blue low-cut shirt and hip-huggers.
- I stripped my clothes off and slipped into a pair of tight hip-huggers and a black sweater that showed some of my stomach.
- I spied a man with pickle-colored hair one night, next to a claque of aspiring models zipped into airtight hip-huggers.
- Mary was wearing blue hip-huggers with a pink tank top.
- Faith picked out a pair of faded, blue jean, hip-huggers and a blue jean tube top that zipped closed in the front.
- It's time to face the fact that unilateralism, like hip-huggers and flashmobs, is a summer fad that just hasn't worked out.
- I held up a pair of hip-huggers and studied my reflection.
- The girls favor low-cut hip-huggers and bangs curled under with a curling iron, à la 1972.
- They make a swirl of cargo pants and flip-flops, of hip-huggers and college T-shirts.
- How small she looked in her snug black hip-huggers, nothing on top but a tank top, sweater tied at the waist.
- The pants were dark blue denim hip-huggers with bright blue seams.
- After the women traded their hip-huggers for looser-fitting clothes, their symptoms disappeared.
- Pulling on her hip-huggers Jazlyn felt the disgust she always felt when pulling on these ‘revealing’ pants.
- I walked into my dressing room and pulled on stylishly tight hip-huggers and a black baby tee shirt.
- I pulled out a pair of hip-huggers, underwear, a tank-top, a bra and a pair of socks.
- The jeans were slightly big, but hip-huggers were the style these days anyway.
- They were hip-huggers as well, and my shirt was fortunately long enough to cover all of my stomach.
- She was wearing tight blue jean hip-huggers, a white spaghetti strapped shirt, and a tight white fishnet top.
- The jeans were hip-huggers, pink as well, but a neon pink, complete with a butterfly belt buckle.
- I was wearing light blue hip-huggers, that flared out near the ankles, with a thin striped tee.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.