In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When the pranksters revealed their hoax on Tuesday, the TV reporters threw a major hissy fit, outraged at having been sucked in.
- She'll probably just end up throwing a hissy fit and saying that we're trying to steal her boyfriend, but whatever.
- But there was no reason to throw a hissy fit over it.
- Heather throws a hissy fit every time I go there.
- While Russia expressed cautious support for the Franco-German initiative, the United States, predictably, threw a hissy fit.
- Hazza throws a hissy fit about her mentioning them.
- The Baron is also known as the BB, or The Big Boss, which he aptly called himself when he threw a hissy fit at a former chef.
- Lou throws a jealous hissy fit and Harold kicks him out.
- If you throw a royal hissy fit this week people will probably laugh, and how much madder will that make you?
- During the subsequent backlash, he lost his rag and threw a total hissy fit, complete with flecks of spittle flying from his mouth.
- The pair is soon joined by Jesse's brother Miles, who throws a hissy fit and captures Winnie.
- Instead of throwing a hissy fit, flinging insults, and taking down the flag, Hamm quietly negotiated to ensure his people got the best possible deal.
- In two days, we hadn't even gotten through one whole song before dear Julian decided to throw a hissy fit.
- And we got so bad that my mom would want to take me out for a feeding and I would cry and kick and throw a hissy fit.
- After a few more seconds, he said, ‘Now, can I kiss you again or are you going to throw a hissy fit?’
- Susan had thrown a hissy fit early on, not that David could really blame her.
- I mean, one of the only times they've lost was because their coach threw a hissy fit and got them a 5-on - 3 disadvantage.
- I looked over and saw Miranda throwing a hissy fit.
- She disliked Heidi to a point where if Heidi was in Ryan's room Nicole would throw a hissy fit until she left.
- Just as business was picking up, however, a young lady approached us, read the sign, and promptly threw a hissy fit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.